Try these fun activities to keep busy while practicing social distancing.
- Explore the benefits of yoga and meditation with Love your Brain Yoga Videos or Yoga Nidra with Christina from our friends at Paradigm Rehabilitation & Nursing Services.
- Take a walk outside (Important to remember: Keep 6 feet between yourself and others)
- Explore Ripley’s Aquarium at Home and learn all about the amazing animals of our world waters
- Try a light in-home exercise: Check out YThrive Home or Orangetheory at Home for ideas
- Listen to an audio book - Audible just made hundreds of titles completely free
- Read a book or access an online book through OpenLibrary (Visit the Hamilton Public Library page for details on how to create an account)
- Take a virtual tour with Google Arts and Culture
- Learn 20 basic Sign Language phrases with TakeLessons on YouTube (Fun fact: We run a Peer-led Sign Language Club on Wednesday evenings at the Clubhouse! If you like this online activity, join us when we’re fully operational)
- Phone or Video Chat your friends and family (Video Chat Platforms: WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Skype)
- Colour or Doodle (Select a mandala that you can print out and colour in or download the Bell Let’s Talk mandala to print out and colour in). For more ideas, visit: Brain Injury Canada
- COVID-19 Self-Assessment
- Hamilton Public Health
- What is COVID-19 (Aphasia Friendly Version)
- What is Social Distancing (Infographic)
- Tips to Manage Mental Health During COVID-19
- Coping with Stress and Anxiety
- OBIA Helpline: 1-800-263-5404
Be aware of scams relating to COVID-19:
- Talk to someone you trust or contact us before you open an email attachment, click on an email link or respond to a text message from an unknown or suspicious sender.
- Some helpful tips from the Brain Injury Society of Toronto: Scams can happen in person, over the phone or the Internet. Regardless of where or how they happen, they tend to have these aspects in common;
IS MAKING THREATS OR PRESSURING YOU, WANTS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WANTS YOU TO PAY NOW, SAYS THE QUESTIONS THEY ARE ASKING ARE ROUTINE, CLAIMS THE SITUATION IS URGENT.
To report fraud contact:
B-20 King St. W.
Stoney Creek, ON L8G 1G8