The HBIA’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for people in the City of Hamilton, living with the effects of Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) through education, awareness, support, and advocacy.
As the highest leadership body of the organization, the board of directors is responsible for:
- Upholding the mission and purposes of the organization
- Selecting and evaluating the performance of the executive staff
- Strategic and organizational planning
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Fundraising and resource development
- Implementing and monitoring the organization’s programs and services
- Enhancing the organization’s public image
- Assessing its own performance as the governing body of the organization
WE ENCOURAGE CANDIDATES WITH:
- Experience with not-for-profit organizations
- Strong networking and communication skills
- Competency in one or more of the following areas: organizational management, financial management, policy development, strategic planning, accounting, government relations/advocacy, fundraising, marketing/public relations, human resources, legal experience
Board members hold office for a term of two years with renewal options for three subsequent two-year terms (eight years in total). Board meetings typically take place at 9 am on the first Wednesday. Each Board position requires attendance at Board Meetings (ten per year) and dedication to one+ committee.
We welcome and encourage applications from a diversity of applicants. This includes people with lived brain injury experience as well as other equity seeking groups such as members of Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, and LGBTQ2S communities. Questions regarding the application process can be directed to Board of Directors at email@example.com.
Anchor Rehab Support Services Inc.
Bartimaeus Rehabilitation Services Inc.
BridgePoint Financial Services
Connect A Better Way After Brain Injury
Elements Support Services
Entwistle Power Occupational Therapy
Mackesy Smye LLP
McLeigh Orlando Lawyers
The Morris Law Group
Neenah Navasero Neurorehabilitation
Paradigm Rehabilitation & Nursing Services Inc.
Storrie Velikonja and Associates
Virk Personal Injury Law
B-20 King St. W.
Stoney Creek, ON L8G 1G8